To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Junior Warehouse Assistant
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1BJ
Salary: £16,000 – £18,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, full-time 37.5 hours a week
Interviews: week commencing 22nd October
Start date: Monday 5th November (negotiable)
• Loading /Unloading of vans and trucks
• To ensure the load is complete and ready for dispatch.
• Prepping/De-prepping cables for events
• Cleaning and preparing kit ready for events
• Assisting customers and taking deliveries, when busy.
• Preparation of equipment for productions and dry hires to the highest standard
• Checking in equipment returned from hire
• Cleaning equipment when returned from hire
• Stock Control
• Complying with the company’s paperwork process
• Cleaning and tidying of the warehouse and outside areas
• Complying with company health and safety procedures
• Occasional work on site rigging / de-rigging for events
• Occasional deliveries / collections (Full UK driving licence an advantage but not essential)
• Any other reasonable duties as detailed by the Warehouse Manager, and senior management.
• This list is not exhaustive, and Vortex Events intend to expand and develop this role.
Please note that this role will involve lots of physical work – heavy lifting will be required on a daily basis.
Excellent communication skills
Excellent organisation skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent time-keeping skills
Customer facing – politeness and smart appearance required. Uniform will be provided
Ability to work as part of a team and solo under own initiative
Good time keeping
Good attention to detail
Ability to problem solve and to work to deadlines
Flexibility and a can-do attitude
Be experienced in working with technical equipment
Possess good computer skills
Have a forklift license
Full UK driving licence
Training will be provided, as required.
Standard working hours would be 09.30 till 17.30 Monday to Friday, however overtime opportunities will be available and weekend shifts may be required. 30 minutes break will be unpaid for lunch.
28 days per year
A company uniform will be provided along with an annual safety footwear allowance.
If you think you have what it takes and would be interested in being part of our team then please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event managers
- Site managers
- Sound technicians
- Lighting technicians
- LED/Video technicians
- Warehouse operatives
If you work in events and would like to be considered for freelance opportunities, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
If you work in events and would like to be considered for any job opportunities, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgDrop us an email