Our Project Managers are a creative and dynamic team. We work with a diverse range of clients to deliver stunning events – from conferences, exhibitions and showcases, to big parties and intimate dinners. Responsible for management and delivery of the technical production of high-profile live events at prestigious venues in the UK and beyond, you will be expected to ensure we meet our client’s high expectations, enabling your team to deliver the incredible service we pride ourselves upon.
The Project Manager role goes beyond event delivery – you will also play a part in supporting Vortex Events ambitious plans for growth, assisting with the delivery of long term strategic goals, building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities and closing business deals, in collaboration with the business development manager.
This is an exciting role for the right candidates – every project is different and you’ll be involved with each event from start to finish, leading a brilliant team who specialise in making things happen. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a strong leader with significant experience of all aspect of technical event production and a commitment to demonstrating best practice. You’ll also be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail, who thrives on finding solutions to problems and keeps a cool head when things don’t go exactly to plan.
Responding to New Opportunities
- To assess and respond to new opportunities from existing or new accounts in a timely, on brand and coherent way. This may take the form of a basic quotation through to a full proposal including design and creative concept, 3d visualisations, event narrative, delivery timeline and client investment
- To manage the pitch/quotation process ensuring internal resource is utilised in line with the perceived value of the project/account
- Ensure all opportunities are recorded appropriately on to the CRM system in line with the guidelines
- Ensure all correspondence relating to quotations or projects is filed in the agreed location, accessible to all Pre-production and Logistics
- To allocate and organise crew to include producing crew plans and crew briefing documents
- To allocate and book trucking, third party suppliers and subcontractors, accommodation and subsistence, health and safety requirements and access plant hire equipment
- To carry out accurate and methodical site surveys and liaise with venue and contractors as required
- Specify and book equipment using Current RMS and sub hire suppliers (where required)
- To work alongside various internal resource disciplines to ensure equipment is utilised throughout the business in the most efficient and profitable way
- To co-ordinate and delegate specific tasks to HODs/relevant skilled personnel to improve efficiency and delivery of the end product, harnessing relevant skills
- To produce technical drawings to provide a detailed plan of the project for others to work from
- To produce a detailed project timeline for the benefit of the internal team and the client in order to achieve predetermined deadlines
- Manage and monitor the overall budget in line with the quotation
- Ensure payment terms are agreed and adhered to and relevant invoices are issued at the agreed time
- Effective management of all on site crew and sub-contractors whilst maintaining an effective line of communication with all other relevant suppliers including the venue
- Ensure consistent, coherent on brand communication with the client, managing agreed expectations in terms of quality of delivery and agreed timelines whilst responding effectively and efficiently to any unforeseen situations
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to in line with company policy
- To manage and where relevant delegate the responsibility of de-rigging post event to ensure all venues are left as found and the client is happy
- Carry out where relevant both internal and external debriefs and record connected information on to the CRM system that will assist with the development of the account
- On completion of the project, ensure a full reconciliation is completed to include sign off of purchase orders and/or supplier invoices, event related credit card expenditure and final invoices are issued to the client
- To develop and or train other technical staff members where relevant as and when required with the company guidelines of best practice
- Physical and social conditions
- Non standard working hours
- Working away from home on occasions
- Working both internally and externally onsite
- Working all year round
- Working weekends and bank holidays where required
- Working at height
- Working with plant and access equipment
- Working nationally and internationally
- Working in adverse weather conditions
- Working in stressful and high pressured environments to given timelines.
- Significant experience of AV technical Project Management in a leadership role
- Knowledge and keen interest in new technology
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills – particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Sketch up
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A proactive approach to solving problems
Where you’ll be
You will be mainly based from our WGC office in Hertfordshire. You may need to attend site/tech meetings and be onsite to corodinate on larger projects. We deliver events and projects across the London and the rest of the UK, regular travel will be expected.
Negotiable dependent upon experience, knowledge and industry contacts.
All expenses paid.
We are open to performance related remuneration, annual bonus and/or share equity schemes for the right candidates.
We pride ourselves on our creativity, and innovative solutions to client problems. We have a huge amount of industry experience and cutting edge technical capabilities. We are an expanding businsess that provides exceptional opportunities for the growth and development of our people. We’re really proud of the fact that we deliver an exceptional service to our clients, every time. And that’s why the majority of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV, along with a short covering letter, outlining the key highlights of your experience and why you’re the right person for the job to: Careers@vortexhire.co.uk
If you work in events and would like to be considered for any job opportunities, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgDrop us an email